Built during the 1899 oil boom, the Main Street house was purchased in 1995 for a museum. Items of interest include displays and information on the Scio College (1866-1911), the oil boom of 1898, General George Custer, the Scio Pottery, Menkel's Millinery, Scio High School collections (1900s-1971) and Jewett-Scio High School (1972-1985). There is a large veterans display of uniforms, awards, swords and more beginning with the Civil War era donated by local veterans. Also on display are historical items donated by Scio's citizens. Pictorial collections depict local people and events. Open the last Sunday of the month, noon-4 p.m., in June through September or by appointment. During Scio's Fall Festival held annually the third weekend in August, it is open 5-8 p.m. all four days and closed during the parade.
203 East Main Street, Scio, Ohio 43988, United States of America